Top ten antivirus software of 2017
When it comes to the safety of your computer, it’s surely something that must be taken serious care of. Have you ever wondered what would happen if your computer gets affected by some ransomware or any kind of malware? Here is a comprehensive review of some of the best antivirus available in the market along with their pro’s and con’s to help you choose the one suitable for your needs.
Bitdefender Total Security 2017
Bitdefender Total Security 2017 comes with a complete security package managed centrally by a web portal for Android, Mac OS and Windows.
- Bitdefender possesses quite useful features to protect your computer from malware.
- It’s now offering features that will protect your computer from emerging threats like ransomware.
Undoubtedly it will always remain at the top of antivirus softwares.
McAfee Total Protection 2017
Total Protection delivers the value for its money. You also get Intel’s True Key subscription along with it which uses multi-factor authentication.
- The web/email protection and the antivirus scanner are it’s major components. The award-winning scanner comes with signature-based scanning.
- Nowadays web surfing and opening unknown e-mail attachments can lead to drive-by infections. Thanks to the WebAdvisor tool. It scans for malicious links and URLs. Also the anti-spam feature helps you to keep your inbox safe from stealthy stuff.
- The Vulnerability Scanner scans for stealthy software and installs the latest updates.
- The File Lock feature password-protects your important data against malicious ransomware and Trojans.
- The shredder ensures that after deleting any file it stays deleted. You can shred temporary files or any unwanted file from your computer.
- My Home Network detects any unauthorised devices within your network.
- The best part is you get unlimited installations with McAfee Total Protection.
Kaspersky Total Security 2017
If eavesdropping is your primary focus, choose Kaspersky for your computer. It prevents malicious websites from tracking your activity.
- You have the Kaspersky Safe Money utility which lets you add your financial web sites for your security.
- If your browser’s border is orange, you’ve got a problem. If it’s green, you’re protected.
- There are tools for all kinds of domestic to business users. The Kaspersky Security Network is expanding everyday by sending suspicious files to the cloud for the purpose of testing, hence improving itself from the inputs of various users around the globe.
- The default Trusted Application Mode allows to install and run only those softwares that are marked safe by Kaspersky Labs.
- The Software Cleaner scans your computer for applications which are rarely used so that you can uninstall them.
Norton Security Deluxe 2017
Norton always has the advantage of Symantec’s technology. The SONAR Protection can easily detect malware from the running applications thus protecting your computer in the background. It also has cloud support.
- This next generation technology is expected to replace the signature based shield. Also the Intrusion Prevention feature prevents any kind of attacks from threats by computers on the network which are infected.
- Integrated password manager takes care of all sorts of your online activities thus securing your identity on the basis of single click logons.
- The Browser Protection protects your computer from malware which seeks to explore familiar vulnerabilities.
- A safety report pops up post scanning by Web downloads which are also analysed.
- The disk optimizer enhances your computer’s performance by defragmenting your data on drive for more efficient access.
- Similarly, File Cleanup feature helps to increase disk space by eliminating temporary files.
ESET Internet Security 10
The initial scan post it’s installation builds up speed for subsequent scans.
- It has a compact main interface interface, comprising of the Home Network Protection feature along with protection for your banking and financial websites.
- The Home Network Protection helps to scan the network shows a diagram of every active device on the network. In case you see one you are not familiar with, there might be chances your neighbour is sucking up your data.
- Keeping in mind the increasing botnets these days, it allows you to scan your router for any vulnerability.
- The setup menu offers protection from phishing and malicious web sites
- The tools menu helps you to monitor the security of your computer by keeping an on the ongoing installations, network and file activities.
- Most vital, it allows you to analyze unknown files before you open them.
- The ESET SysRescue Live scans your system for perpetual threats like rootkits.
- The anti-theft feature in ESET mobile Security sends you an alert if any foreign SIM is inserted in your phone. It also provides call and SMS filtering.
Avira Free Security Suite 2017
Performance being it’s focus, it searches for fragmented files which tends to slow down your system.
- The boot optimizer shows a graph indicating how your startup varies with time.
- You can perform system scanning in various ways which includes dedicated scan for every running application, local and removable drives.
- You can even set the scanner priority if you want a full background scan.
- The Avira Protection Cloud is always there for local protection which can send foreign files for checking with the help of services like VirusTotal database of Google.
- Besides protecting your privacy and blocking malicious sites, it checks out for the cheapest price of your wishlist items so that you have the best deal at your fingertips during shopping online.
- The software updater installs the latest updates on your system.
- The mobile version sends you alerts if your banking credentials get hacked, along with features like theft control.
The AVG’s System TuneUp feature along with it’s Internet Security can enhance your system speed to a great extent.
- It allows you tune every Windows activity such as unused applications, visual effects and so on. Web TuneUp can tune your web browsing.
- The Turbo Mode kicks up your system’s performance. You can put unwanted applications to “sleep” to minimize CPU utilization.
- The artificial intelligence feature inside Internet Security can also help you recognize malicious software.
- The link scanner provides protection from malicious websites.
- The Real-Time Crash Protection protects you from unseen threats which may affect your system.
Trend Micro Internet Security
Belonging to one of the reputed antivirus companies, it provides you some important tools along with real-time protection.
- The Folder Shield feature will immediately block any attempt if it finds any foreign entity is trying to access your data. A shield logo is also added to Protected folders.
- Security has become the focus these days when everything has become connected to social network. The dedicated module inside Trend Micro checks your security settings on every social networking site you have an account in, such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, ensuring your details remain safe.
- The PC Health Checkup feature deals largely with online protection. If the real time shield of Trend Micro is changed to Hypersensitive, it keeps on eliminating unwanted programs.
- The Data Theft Prevention prevents hackers from gaining access to sensitive data on your system. It comes very handy for parents who have to share the same system with their kids and want to keep sensitive data out of their reach.
Avast Premier comes with some interesting features which focuses on dealing with online threats.
- Besides looking for viruses, the Smart Scan searches for outdated browser plug-ins and software.It scans your network for vulnerabilities.
- It is the only one among all those products which comes with inbuilt sandbox which can be easily accessed by the user. It warns the user about any type of malicious download. Definitely a life-saver(digital)!
- But the SecureLine VPN comes with a 7-day trial, asking you for payment if you want to access it further.
- You can store notes with the help of the inbuilt password manger. It can also be used as a data shredder.
- The “create and run rescue disk” feature looks up for perpetual threats.
- It’s mainly focuses on identification and removal of malware.
Panda Free Antivirus 2017
If you are about the notion that Panda’s Free Antivirus 2017 isn’t of much use to your computer, you might have to think twice.
- Besides real-time scanning it comes with absolute protection for foreign USB drives.
- The Process Monitor provides you information regarding the ongoing processes, be it safe or suspicious. You an also get information about the HTTP connections related to various processes.
- You can also see the details of ongoing processes and prevent those from running further if found harmful to your system. You can even block executables until you receive relevant information about them from the cloud.
If you think that any other antivirus software should have made it’s place on this list, do let us know by commenting below.
Like this post? Share it!